Updated January 28th 2018
If you're a regular customer here at BLK Coffee, chances are you're familiar with our loyalty scheme, #TeamBLK. The scheme has been running for nearly a year now, and we've been thrilled with the response to it - we've been through hundreds if not thousands of cards at this point, and there's a seriously negligible amount of ink left in our coffee-shaped stamp. (We're replacing it soon, we promise.)
As with many things of this nature, however, it takes time to figure out what does and doesn't work, both for us as a business, and for you as customers. The good news is that #TeamBLK certainly does work and it isn't going anywhere, but there is one aspect of it that we are very reluctantly dropping.
When you buy any four coffees, your fifth will still be half price. When you buy any nine coffees, your tenth will still be free. However, we will no longer be offering a free bag of coffee in exchange for five completed cards, or a free piece of brewing equipment in exchange for ten completed cards. The reason for this is simple - it has gotten to the point where we give away more of these items than we sell, which isn't sustainable.
Now, we don't think this is going to cause a furore of any kind, but if you're in any way miffed by this or have been saving up your cards then, by all means, send us a message or let us know in person and we will try to work something out.
Wishing you a great week,
* * * * *
Introducing #TeamBLK, the loyalty scheme with a difference.
We've been open for a year and a half now, and we see many of you literally every day, whether its at 7 a.m. for a pre-work pick-me-up, or at 5 o'clock in the afternoon for a restorative treat. We love that you love what we do, and we couldn't survive without you. We thought it was high time to honour that and find a tangible way to reward you all.
#TeamBLK is much more than just cards - though we do have some and they're pretty damn cool, if we do say so ourselves - it offers you, our customer, an opportunity to be a part of something; to be as involved as you want, be it a little or a lot. If all you want is to get your stamps and claim your free coffees, that's fine by us. But, say you want to be put on our mailing list, and to receive news of what's hitting the bar and retail shelf before it arrives, then #TeamBLK can make that happen too!
Anyway, here are the specifics:
- You will receive a personalised #TeamBLK card with which to keep track of your progress. One coffee or other hot beverage equals one stamp.
- When you buy any four coffees, your fifth is half price.
- When you buy any nine coffees, your tenth is free.
- When your #TeamBLK card is completed, you will automatically receive a new one. But be careful to keep those completed cards, because...
- Five completed #TeamBLK cards, or fifty stamps, entitles you to a bag of high quality coffee from our retail shelf.*
- Ten completed #TeamBLK cards, or a hundred stamps, entitles you to a piece of brewing equipment from our retail shelf.*
As for the #TeamBLK mailing list, stay tuned. We'll be going live shortly.
* Subject to availability.